I tried to go to bed early last night, but ended up taking a 2 hour nap before waking up and heading over to the Boston bus terminal near South Station.
There were at least 3 Mainland families riding the bus, each with their own Little Emperor, talking really loud, playing, and annoying the non-Chinese, no doubt. There was a German couple and mother? of one of the couple sitting behind me, and they weren't as noisy, though they weren't speaking with "classroom voices." The three children were moving about all over the bus--some discipline from my mother would serve them right. The girls weren't as bad as the boy--the way he spoke to his father, unbelievable! The father was plainly spoiling him instead of doing something about his son's bad attitude... Now if that is the typical family, multiply that by who knows how many families--100 million? 200? 300? And I think one would be justified in being concerned about the future of China.
There were at least 3 Mainland families riding the bus, each with their own Little Emperor, talking really loud, playing, and annoying the non-Chinese, no doubt. There was a German couple and mother? of one of the couple sitting behind me, and they weren't as noisy, though they weren't speaking with "classroom voices." The three children were moving about all over the bus--some discipline from my mother would serve them right. The girls weren't as bad as the boy--the way he spoke to his father, unbelievable! The father was plainly spoiling him instead of doing something about his son's bad attitude... Now if that is the typical family, multiply that by who knows how many families--100 million? 200? 300? And I think one would be justified in being concerned about the future of China.
One can't but help but be annoyed by certain people, but I was struck during the day that one still has to love them since God loves them. How then, should one properly deal with parents like that, if at all?
After I arrived in Chinatown, I hopped on the 6 to get to Kinokuniya; browsed through various magazines. I noticed Classy for the first time. (Hilarious--it has a wiki entry.) No chance to look at JJ and Can Cam and the others--most were wrapped, and I had to rush off to Our Saviour. [Found this link to a Time article at the neomarxisme post; another blog on CanCam; wordpress.]
I got to Our Saviour before Mass started, but transit time (by foot) was about 8 minutes. I was surprised to see Fr. Rutler celebrating the 12:05 Mass; I don't know if it's his normal Mass, but I did get a chance to hear another of his homilies. Unfortunately, this time around I didn't pay full attention. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep. There was a mix of people attending Mass--those attending weren't all from a certain demographic. I don't know if there are more people attending the earlier Masses.


After I arrived in Chinatown, I hopped on the 6 to get to Kinokuniya; browsed through various magazines. I noticed Classy for the first time. (Hilarious--it has a wiki entry.) No chance to look at JJ and Can Cam and the others--most were wrapped, and I had to rush off to Our Saviour. [Found this link to a Time article at the neomarxisme post; another blog on CanCam; wordpress.]
I got to Our Saviour before Mass started, but transit time (by foot) was about 8 minutes. I was surprised to see Fr. Rutler celebrating the 12:05 Mass; I don't know if it's his normal Mass, but I did get a chance to hear another of his homilies. Unfortunately, this time around I didn't pay full attention. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep. There was a mix of people attending Mass--those attending weren't all from a certain demographic. I don't know if there are more people attending the earlier Masses.




After Mass I had to rush back downtown on the 6--EJK and her sister had an appointment with a real estate agent to look at apartments in Soho, and I was supposed to meet her after her appointment. I met EJK at Starbucks, on Broadway south of Spring--she told me that we were going to meet with her sister (whom I had not met before) and her real estate agent for lunch. They were already at Woo Lae Oak in Soho. I met her sister for the first time; she is taller than EJK, but I think I remember that she said EJK was the shortest in the family... I don't think I had seen a photo of her before; she once said that she resembled their father more, while EJK resembled their mother. As for the restaurant, it had visual appeal and ambiance, and the sisters claim that the (white) waiters only get hotter as the day goes on, and that dinner is the time for women to have their eye candy. Heh.
EJK and I had planned on watching a movie so we headed over to Angelika after picking up an umbrella at her sister's work place (as it had started to rain during lunch). At first we were going to watch Notes of a Scandal, but EJK asked about the other movies that were playing, and I mentioned that I wanted to watch The Lives of Others. Her interest was piqued, and so we exchanged tickets... fortunately, she liked the movie. (Review to come.)
After the movie we had some things to talk about, so she suggested getting a drink at a Russian place close by, but then she had an appetite for tacos--but that place was small and packed (I didn't catch the name, I think it was on Spring Street, or on a street that is just off Spring Street) . So, we dropped by Spring Street Natural Restaurant. $$, but I don't think there are many $ restaurants in NYC (pizza shops, delis and such having been disqualified as "restaurants").
It was a nice visit--I hope I can make at least one more before I leave for CA, assuming that I am able to move back to CA soon...
I found out that the last departure for Lucky Star Bus is 2:00 A.M. It costs a bit more, $25--not sure if it's because it's low demand or something else, but it's something I will keep in mind for the future.
review of Woo Lae Oak
No comments:
Post a Comment