Thursday, December 20, 2007

No No Country for Old Men

Just read the spoiler for No Country for Old Men... whatever interest I had in seeing the movie has gone way, not because I know the plot details, but because I don't see any point in watching this sort of movie... there is evil in the world, and sometimes the good are powerless to stop it, but is this the sort of message I need? Why don't I watch The Hitcher (the original) instead? The Coen brothers are behind NCOM, and the movie might be well-done technically, but is such a movie really aesthetically pleasing? Does it inspire one to become noble? At least National Treasure 2 is fun fluff. (And it has Diane Kruger!) So I think I'll push for that for the movie outing this weekend (assuming that it does take place).

How does the original novel read? Would it be wrong to say that we are supposed to sympathize with Bell (Tommy Lee Jones's character) and feel horror when innocents are killed (especially one character in particular)? Still, I just can't get enthusiastic about such a story... I already feel like an old man, why do I need something to reinforce that.

National Treasure: Book Of Secrets
trailer
The Diane Kruger Picture Pages
Diane Kruger - Yahoo! Movies

No comments: