The price of first class postage is supposed to go up to 42 cents in May. Is the USPS working to eliminate unnecessary costs? In the part of Milpitas where I live, the postal carrier drives his little truck around to deliver mail; he parks right next to the mailbox (I assume he leaves the engine running). In fact, I got a note instructing me how to park the car so the postal carrier could have easy and safe access to the mailbox.
Now, is it really necessary for the USPS to waste gas like that? If it is more efficient in so far as they need less postal carriers to deliver the mail, would postal customers be willing to expect less from the services the USPS can provide? Instead of having first class letters be delivered in 2 days (which is not guaranteed), how about 3 or 4?
No comments:
Post a Comment