Thursday, March 06, 2008

This morning JB, Sarge's brother Freeman and I went to a diner in Fayetteville for breakfast (JK's?). The food was good there (how hard can it be to make a good breakfast though)--I got eggs + smoked sausage + 3 shortcakes. That filled me up until the afternoon. The graduation ceremony was scheduled for 13:00. Sarge's parents and his other brother and nephew came by to his apartment, where we all met up. (Sarge had left earlier this morning to attend rehearsal, but he forgot his headgear. JB and Freeman tried to drop it off to him, but he couldn't get away from the practice to pick it up.) We then went to McDonald's to get a quick bite (though none of us 3 got anything to eat). The nephew got a happy meal (which included a toy for Spiderwick Chronicles).

Freeman dropped by the gas station to get some gas before going to the auditorium where the graduation ceremony was taking place today. I got a bottle of Sun Drop at the convenience store--a citrus-flavored soda. Not bad. We arrived at the auditorium at about 12:20 or so--the doors weren't opened yet, and there was a line waiting outside. I should have brought a hat. A lot of army wives there with army babies. The ceremony was ok, but the nephew had been hoping for some sort of live (shooting) demo. (I'd like to have seen one of those, too.)
This class had about 160 members? Out of 700 or so who started the qualification course.

Sarge got his certificate and knife... which is a rather impressive piece of work. Better than Rambo's.

One of the high school friends of Sarge's brother Warrior showed up today for the graduation. She is quite a "self-confident" Latina. Sarge would add another adjective to describe her physical appearance, but I don't think I'll write it. Heh. His parents call her "Linda," her nickname since high school. Evidently she was really "decent" in high school, according to Sarge. She's still attractive now, although she's following the Latin aging process. Anyway, both Sarge's friend JB and I didn't know what to make of her when we first met her. But JB admits that he warmed up to her after talking to her a little bit. She is friendly, but maybe a bit too informal in the way she talks to people. Maybe a bit too casual and "aggressive," too. She's also married with 3 kids so JB and I are out of luck. Hahaha. We should be seeing her again tomorrow, for lunch.

Sarge, JB and I dropped off Freeman at the airport, because he had to return to Texas for work. That's too bad--Freeman is a nice guy, and he and JB had a lot of fun talking about Europe and Catholic culture. Sarge hadn't eaten all day, so we went to a nearby Panera Bread. As his mom was cooking dinner, I didn't want to eat anything, so I just had one of the smoothies, which was ok, but I like the ones at Jamba Juice more. His mom made rice and cooked some pork--they also bought some potato salad. The pork loin was pre-marinated, but it was still good. His mother was saying yesterday how JB and I are like her sons. Today I was telling Sarge I was being a better son because I ate her food while he was full because of the panini he got. haha.

His nephew was pretty... energetic this evening. We played dominoes and then stuff like "monster" and "T-Rex." I gave him some horsie rides but tried to pass him off to Sarge, but he said, "No, horsies are fat." Ah well, from the mouths of babes... well his grandmom said playing with him is a good workout, so I guess I should do that more. Haha.

No comments: