Matthew 20:25-8
Iesus autem vocavit eos ad se et ait: “ Scitis quia principes gentium dominantur eorum et, qui magni sunt, potestatem exercent in eos. Non ita erit inter vos, sed quicumque voluerit inter vos magnus fieri, erit vester minister; et, quicumque voluerit inter vos primus esse, erit vester servus; sicut Filius hominis non venit ministrari sed ministrare et dare animam suam redemptionem pro multis ”.
What about women, in whatever capacity they may have in the hierarchies or professions of the current political economy, lording their 'authority' over men, justifying it with their supposed moral superiority ('ethics of care,' anyone?)? Not 'paternalism,' but 'maternalism' at work. I can't count how many comments I have ready by women in their 40s and 50s, adopting this sort of condescending tone towards traditional conservatives or others who disagree with them--but there have been many. (I am thinking of one woman at Crunchy Con and another at Peter Hitchens in particular.) They may write (and I assume speak) comparatively well, but it is in the service of sin and rebellion, pride and vanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment