Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This will be a rather quick entry--I'm feeling tired, and not 100% over the cold yet. Pete Takeshi is in NoCal this week for some training. We met up in Mountain View and took a walk on Castro St. We dropped by Books Inc., where I found a copy of Lynne Truss's Talk to the Hand on sale for $6. But I didn't buy it; even though she is right to defend politeness, she's still too modern. For dinner we went to Vaso Azzurro. Appetizer: carpaccio. Meat doesn't have much of a taste when not seasoned or cooked, and so that was how I found the filet mignon. Entree: pollo saltimboca. Again, the sauce was rather weak, and while it wasn't too salty (as it had been at other restaurants), I don't think the flavor was strong enough. I don't know if I would go there again. Afterwards, we dropped by Red Rock Coffee and then just talked for a while while loitering on Castro St.

No comments: