Saturday, April 04, 2009

The series finale of er.

It was shown last week--the show had been declining in ratings for a long time, and they brought back John Carter this season. I haven't watched the episode in which he needs to undergo an operation for a kidney transplant. While the medical procedures of the show were exciting and some of the drama intense, I found the politics of the show to be repulsive (usually pro-abortion, pro-homosexuality, etc.).


Watching the last episode of er, I was struck by the thought that John Stamos was trying to do a George Clooney/Doug Ross. Sure, the characters may have had different backgrounds and story arcs, but they seemed similar--bad boy/rebels with a strong appeal to women. And the two actors were pretty boys trying to gain credibility as actors. I can't stand John Stamos.




Here is the retrospective.

Sherry Stringfield is still cute, though.

Speaking at a NOW conference. Sigh.

No comments: