Tuesday, November 03, 2009

On Sunday evening I was watching KBS Open Concert, and was reminded of how few family-friendly music variety shows were on TV, even Korean TV. A lot of the other music shows on the different Korean channels (KBS, SBS, MBC) feature family-unfriendly material -- Korean pop music has become very sexualized since the 1990s, though perhaps it isn't as bad as American pop. But it's getting there.

Today was election day -- just local offices and issues. At first I didn't want to vote for any of the candidates, since they represent what is wrong with Cupertino and California in general, but there were some who might be slightly better than the others. Reading candidates' statements for the school board was particularly painful. I was thinking of what would happen if someone were to criticize American public education for what it is -- I think that person would face an overwhelmingly negative reaction from the electorate here in California. He would be considered even more of a quack than those who criticize the Fed or the banking/financial system.

When I arrived at my sister's house tonight, I found a home-made ouija board on the sidewalk, near the driveway. What a disturbing sight. I'm tempted to burn it, but I don't know where the matches are. Where's some holy water when you need it? It probably blew over from the house of one of the neighbors. Still, what kind of parent lets their children make and play with a ouija board?

Vatican exorcist Amorth speaks on Satan's smoke

No comments: