Thursday, January 14, 2010
I was flipping through a magazine in the books & magazine section at the local Safeway when I felt someone tugging on my hood. I turned around and it was a woman (in her 20s?) trying to pull my hood down, telling me I looked like a burglar. (I had kept the hood up after I entered the store because I was feeling sick and also because I was feeling down and alienated. Weak human that I am, I wore a hood indoors.) I was annoyed but took the hood down and she walked away saying something like, "That's better." What happened to personal space? Or asking? If security is a concern, it's a concern for the store, and even the store wouldn't bother with someone non-threatening with a shopping cart and reading a magazine. There hasn't been a recent spate of daytime robberies by someone wearing a hood. At any rate... maybe she thought she was being cute. Or maybe she has some personal security issues or trauma. Or maybe she's the busybody/zealous mommmy type. If I had cared enough, I would have thought of something appropriate (or inappropriate) to say... was it really apathy, or excessive passivity though?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Next time man up & stop being a f-ing sheep!!
-T. Stark
Post a Comment