Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DOA this Fall TV Season

I have not watched Hawaii 5-0 since I was a child, but I remember the actors potraying adult men. Their age helped in part, but even young-looking James MacArthur seemed like a mature man. Watching the preview for the CBS remake, set to debut this Fall, I was dismayed by how dumb the show seemed, even though I suspected this is what the final product would be like when I first read about it. The men act like children. This is what passes for being a man in contemporary America? How many real American men would put up with this? This is misandry, even if depicts how many American men act and think. Can one be surprised when Danno is played by Scott Caan?

I don't think this new updated version will last half a season. I think it will go the way of NBC's Hawaii.



Watching men portrayed by "boys" does inspire self-reflection, and all of this can be rather depressing.

No comments: