Thursday, January 06, 2011

That hated show.

The latest season of The Bachelor has started. I mention it only beecause someone from a certain Catholic school professes to be a fan, which I find rather bizarre.

Are the "contestants" typical young American women? And how truthful are their answers? Lot of women with tattoos. If the answers are accurate, then I wouldn't be surprised if they were called entitled princesses. And they're all in pursuit of an alpha, not for a comfortable beta. I don't know how any serious man would not be tempted to misogyny listening to them talk and watching their behavior (especially their fake friendliness towards the other women). I haven't watched any of the recent seasons, but even if it is just reality TV with some predictability, I think there is some basis in reality for their behavior, especially if they are really looking for "true love" and not a ticket to becoming a Hollywood star.

No comments: