Sunday, July 17, 2011

Unknown


(Yahoo!)

Those who liked Taken might enjoy the movie. The twist is decent, but the consequences of the twist are rather implausible.

*spoiler warning*



But the same could be said, perhaps, of the Bourne movies -- in both Unknown and Bourne the protagonist expeirence a moral conversion after losing his memory. If you're alert and paying attention, then you'll pick up the hints--after all, what sort of quiet scientist knows how to fight hand-to-hand with trained assassins and drive like that?

It's an ok film, and the only obvious flaws of which I am aware at the moment are how obvious the twist might be to those paying attention and the easy happy ending. I prefer this more tradition sort of action film to the average Jason Statham, frenetic actioner. We'll just have to see what comes of the Taken sequel. (As for Jason Statham -- I have not seen The Mechanic, but The Killer Elite might be good.)

Liam Neeson saying "asshole" sounds funny. I have to say January Jones sounds like a typical American. In fact, she reminds me of a particular teacher. She isn't a good actress, either. Diane Kruger is slightly older, but I think she is more attractive; is she taking better care of herself or was she given better skin? As for her playing a Bosnian refugee who works in a cafe and drives taxi -- that is rather unbelievable as well.

Apple

No comments: