Sunday, January 15, 2012
Your face is an illusion
There are some comments about Katy Perry's "natural face" over at Traditional Christianity. I like how some have described the removal of makeup for certain women as "removing their face" as the difference is so stark. I was thus reminded how much Asian women rely upon makeup. In an episode of a Taiwanese show (Queen, with 藍心湄), a makeup artist was demonstrating how to create the illusion of a bigger eye through the application of makeup and colors. Walking through Kinokuniya the other day I was looking at the women's fashion magazines, searching for the ones that discuss makeup techniques as they usually include before and after photos. It's enough to make one swear off looking at women, lest one be beguiled by feminine deception. At the very least one can attempt to withhold making a judgment about beauty until one has seen the natural face? Yeah, good luck.
Labels:
beauty,
femininity,
HK celebs,
Japanese celebs,
Korean celebs,
Taiwanese celebs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment