Sunday, May 20, 2012

Last day of the school year for CM today. Went to the "graduation" and party -- too much junk food: I had the costco pizza, and even
that wasn't a good choice. (It normally isn't, but today especially so. Maybe it's because of the banh mi I had for lunch.) Will miss the kids, even though they were a noisy bunch. Feel sorry for them; the parents in general should be better parents. Shouldn't comment on the speeches that were made - the speakers were probably sincere but what will they say about their experiences in 10 years time? I believe the young man who is in charge of the high school students was actually a student in the confirmation class with which I helped a long time ago. (Where is Mrs. K now?) How time flies. I'm of little use to the community; we'd be at loggerheads since I think they need a lecture (but not them only) -- who isn't infected with consumerism and the assumption of perpetual growth and cheap energy?

No comments: