There is very poor reception of the local NBC affiliate's signal here, so I may watch the opening ceremonies online. Danny Boyle is in charge of the program. That should be a spectacle.
I don't care for what the Olympics now represent, but I may watch a few of the events, if I take the trouble to remember to check the schedule. Gymnastics, even though the females can hardly be called women? There is nothing wrong with admiring physical ability and talent - if we remember Chariots of Fire and glorify God, both as athletes and spectators. (Or even the example of the ancient Greeks, for whom the games had a religious significance.) We don't have to watch the games with the meaning given to them by the IOC with its endorsement of PC values and secular [atheistic] humanism, or the accompanying nationalism that seems to dominate spectators and fans, or the crass commercialism of the corporate sponsors. (I hope there will be no doping scandals this year - alas the ideal of the amateur, where has that gone?)
(What a white movie!)
2012 Olympic Gymnastics Team: Greatest Threats to Jordyn Wieber's Crown
No comments:
Post a Comment