Sunday, June 16, 2013

News about Fr. Rutler

He is being transferred from Our Saviour.

Most Recent Column from Fr. Rutler

The Church is vaster than any particular parish, beloved as ours is for many far and wide, and while I am moving to the far other end of our island on the West Side, it is not like going to the moon. I am to be pastor of St. Michael’s Church near Pennsylvania Station and administrator of Holy Innocents Church in the Garment District. St. Michael’s is on the southern perimeter of what New Yorkers long ago came to call “Hell’s Kitchen,” but that is not the Hell from whose fires we pray to be saved. It is actually a quickly changing neighborhood, and I shall have some responsibility for extending the work of the Church to meet the needs of the residences and new businesses that are expanding there.
Who could possibly replace him at Our Saviour?

The Church of St. Michael is near Pennyslvania Station; I could drop by the church next time I travel to NYC. What is its interior like? Has there been much wreckovation?

Church of the Holy Innocents

Misc.
Why Are There Still So Many Train Stations Named Penn Station?


No comments: