'Patrick was a very dear man and I owe him a great deal': Diana Rigg pays tribute to her Avengers co-star who died yesterday aged 93
Patrick Macnee: The last great bowler hat-wearer
BBC News
The Telegraph
The Guardian and obit
Variety
CNN
Episodes of The Avengers here.
Peter Hitchens:
Farewell to the ultimate Englishman
I'm not sure I have ever enjoyed anything on TV as much as I liked watching Patrick Macnee playing John Steed in The Avengers, especially when Diana Rigg was at his side.
Here was an Englishman - funny, chivalrous, fundamentally gentle, yet deadly to his enemies.
From his obituaries, I gather that he was really like that. What a pleasant change it makes from all those actors, famous for playing noble roles, who turn out to have been secretly mean and nasty.
He also has measured praise for Mr. Holmes.
No comments:
Post a Comment