I almost never do things like this — get together with friends face to face, I mean. It’s not because I don’t want to, certainly, but I have to concede that I don’t try very hard to make it happen.
Priorities. Where are people's priorities? Or do people find it easier to live in their head? For young people, they probably believe they prioritize friendship, but their friendship is based on feeling rather than virtue and a shared life of virtue. Hence they will not even understand what it is to actually live in community.
It is a familiar hypothesis that young men today don’t make the same efforts that they did in the past to court women because the ease with which hardcore pornography is available to them satisfies their immediate erotic desires. I have a feeling that the same kind of thing is at work with me and maintaining friendships.
A familiar hypothesis from blue pill tradcons, of whom Dreher could be counted as one.
Dreher should be asking himself how many real friends does he have within a 10-mile radius, as should we all.
No comments:
Post a Comment