The continuing war against conservatives continues. Prof. John Rao, who spoke recently for our friend Michael Semin’s St. Joseph’s Society in Prague, has been condemned in nasty and morally irresponsible language by the Cardinal Archbishop of Prague (Vlk). I don’t necessarily subscribe to all of Rao’s rather negative view of American history, but he is not a Sedevacantist or even an SSPXer, certainly not an anti-Semite, much less an Islamicist. It is absolutely disgraceful that any clergyman, much less a prince of the church, should expose himself as a liar and slanderer.More here from the Remnant. The cardinal's statement. Thomas Drolesy's response.
In the comments on Dr. Fleming's post, Yakuman alerts us to the wiki post on paleoconservatism. While there may be some points with which I would disagree, they are few.
Dr. Fleming also writes:
In my latest Booklog post, I have suggested that we read a few plays of Sophocles. Those interested should read the post and acquire a translation. I’ll try to post some initial remarks tomorrow and a brief discussion of the Antigone by the end of next week.
The discussion could be worth checking out for you classicists out there. (And those seeking to learn something about the Greek moral tradition.)
*edit* Dr. Rao's response is now available.
No comments:
Post a Comment