Monday, October 30, 2006

ASPO USA Conference

ASPO USA just held the 2006 Boston World Oil Conference last week. Unfortunately I could not attend because it was cost-prohibitive, and I didn't have the time, although I'd like to have seen Mr. Matthew Simmons.

ASPO-USA and its partners and sponsors thank all of you for taking action and making this year's event a great success! Reporting from around the world can be found in our news pages. Proceedings will be available by November 1, 2006.

Note: We are working on a DVD set of the entire conference filmed for ASPO-USA by Kelly Way and his team. We will let you know the timing of this product and conference online video and audio feeds.
At Energy Bulletin:
Random snippets from the Conference (from Oil Drum)
Reuters article summarizing M. Simmon's presentation: "World oil production may have peaked"

See also Peak Oil News, Oct. 25:
Peak Oil, Separating Facts from Fiction
Rembrandt Koppelaar, The Oil Drum

From Solutions and sustainability, Oct. 25:
How to Wean a Town Off Fossil Fuels
Hana Loftus, WorldChanging
(on the Kinsale Energy Descent Plan)

No comments: