Sunday, January 21, 2007

Grease: You're the One I want

official website

The contestants are ok, but for aspiring professional Broadway performers, they're barely better than the finalists for American Idol. I wonder how many of them have had voice lessons.
that style of bright singing/vocal style characteristic of broadway and some pop? (As you might guess, I don't care much for musicals.)

The only one who stood out was the woman who originally wanted to become a ballerina but couldn't because he injured her toe and could no longer do point-dancing. She could still do modern dance fine.

And the background music for this show is so grating... sure, it's a reality show so they can't devote too many resources to music, but it makes the show annoying.

I prefer the singing of someone like Josh Groban.








Friends of Josh Groban
Grobania.com
About Josh Groban

Miscellaneous
wiki on singing
Overtone singing
types of throat singing?
multiphonic singing
"How to sing three notes at the same time"
Tibetan and Mongolian chanting
Gyuto monks (North American tour 2002) [they are performing in Boston on February 10 (Harvard page)]
Baird Hersey and PRANA

No comments: