Saturday, January 27, 2007

Interview with Congressman Roscoe Bartlett

via EB

Roscoe Bartlett: Man on a Mission (text and video)
Bill Moore, EV World
Watching Congressman Roscoe Bartlett on C-Span yesterday afternoon, two things were obvious: he knows how to give a lecture and he's passionate about the topic of peak oil. He came prepared with charts and graphs and powerful prose, quoting a speech given fifty years ago by Admiral Hyman Rickover.

We've featured several of his speeches at various conferences over the last few years here on EV World and I've spoken briefly to him on a couple occasions. I've even been to his office in Washington, D.C. and met with his press secretary. But this was the first time I was able to talk to him at length.

I began by asking him his sense of the mood in Congress to start working seriously on reducing America's dependence on oil and climate change.
(26 Jan 2007)

No comments: