Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Yuck

I found a big spider in the bedroom, about 1.25" long... I put it outside of the house. I think I did the same for another spider of similar size within the last year or so.

My mom thinks I don't eat shellfish and crustaceans because of the fishy smell. Actually I avoid crustaceans usually because they remind me of big bugs. They're all arthropods after all....

2 comments:

Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

I had a similar experience a week or two back, but I think the spider was bigger.

I also have never understood eating arthropods, but I do like the boiled silkworm pupae (Beondegi) they sell on the streets here in Korea.

papabear said...

I don't think we have big spiders in the California suburbs, so the ones I saw were rather exceptional.

For the wedding banquet, they served roasted piglet, and I was somewhat grossed out by the head. I think Leon Kass may be right when he talks about more "civilized" cultures hiding the fact that food used to be something alive as much as possible.