The other day of the second-grade boys was telling another boy about 'humping'--he's a bit of a problem kid as well, so I wonder what's going on his home. I caught him talking about it, but I didn't know exactly how to handle it, so I just told him not to say any more. But he probably told the other boy at recess; after all, that's what he said--"I'll tell you later." I think he may have even added, "It's no big deal," or something along those lines.
A lot of the students I've had this week (2nd and 3rd graders) have watched horror movies--they know Chucky, Halloween, Leatherface. I was very shocked to hear them mention the names of characters in these movies. I don't know how they are able to watch movies like this, and what their parents are thinking, exposing their children to violence like this. One child even said, "I like violence," even though he seems to be quiet and did his work while I was there.
"Unbelievable."
Parental neglect really merits the punishment it gets.
No comments:
Post a Comment