Friday, January 02, 2009

Met up with RHK and his girlfriend tonight for dinner. He said I might not see him again for another year. I hope not. Things at work are... not so good. "Witchhunt." We also talked a bit about my plans--I mentioned working for a non-profit, something "green" related to co-ops or farmers' markets (sustainability and localization issues) or maybe a PAC. Or Costco. They asked of course about teaching, and said that that's what seemed suitable, since I've been studying for more than 20 years. We'll see what happens. Alas, he sold his guns because his gf didn't like having them around in the house... but we talked about that for a bit, while his gf probably couldn't understand why we found the topic so fascinating.

Reminder: look up technical writing position at Marvell. His gf works there now, and they suggested that as a possibility... apparently they have a good benefits package (health care), and they offer 3 meals a day.

No comments: