Monday, February 16, 2009

I remember reading that President Obama would be signing legislation on credit card reform. Has he done so already? I don't remember reading anything on it. What is the average credit card debt here in the United States? I was thinking, would it be possible for some form of slavery to return, if the current economic system were destroyed but the economic elites still controlled the government, and all these debts had to be collected? Of course, personal bankruptcy laws would have to be modified or eliminated first.

Links:
Credit Card Reform
Speeding up Credit Card Reform via the Cardholders' Bill of Rights
Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney - The Credit Cardholders’ Bill of Rights
CUNA News Now: Treasury official explains ABCs of credit card reform
The Washington Independent » Is 2009 the Year of Credit Card Reform?
Fed adopts sweeping credit card reform
November 2008 Credit Card Reform Stuck On Capitol Hill
Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis: Credit Card Reform Is Coming

No comments: