Monday, April 06, 2009


Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson are at it again: Paul of Dune, which is supposed to be the "direct" sequel to Dune, taking place between Dune and Dune Messiah. This was released late last year, but I only came upon it tonight. So far their novels have been average, but not as good as the original. I don't think this new trilogy (tetralogy?), the Heroes of Dune, will be much different. Still, I'll look for it next time I'm at B&N or Borders.

wiki
Paul of Dune Book Reviews SCI FI Weekly
The SF Site Featured Review: Paul of Dune (podcast)
Macmillan: Paul of Dune: (Dune): Brian Herbert, Kevin J. Anderson
Paul Of Dune by Brian Herbert And Kevin J. Anderson
Dune 7 Blog
Dune Novels Timeline
Arrakis.RU - Interviews
Paul of Dune Interview with Herbert and Anderson
Paul of Dune Interview with Herbert and Anderson by torbooks
"Dune: Spice World" - Interview with Brian Herbert and Kevin Anderson
Interview Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
Paul of Dune—From a Hero to a Tyrant

Paul of Dune Interview with Herbert and Anderson


Paul of Dune Interview with Herbert and Anderson - Video
Video: Paul of Dune Interview with Herbert and Anderson
alternate site

Hunters of Dune interview on Flickr
Hunters of Dune Interview with Herbert and Anderson by torbooks ...
Jessica of Dune Cover Art & Interview

Dune wikia

2 comments:

Peter Whelan said...

I never really bought into the original Dune phenomenon... always felt like it went off the rails in a big way with the Fremen effectively hijacking an otherwise more interesting plot.

Did you see that Greg Bear is writing a prequel trilogy to Halo? I always liked his stuff; SF doesn't come much harder than what he does.

papabear said...

I started reading through the book on Thursday. It's not bad, I would consider finishing it some day. I don't understand your criticms of the plot. I've seen the Halo novels, but never opened one.