I just listened to a debate between John Dennis and Dana Walsh, who are both contending for nomination to be the Republican candidate running against Nancy Pelosi in November. (The 8th Congressional District.) Alas Ms. Walsh shares the same name as an ill-fated character on 24. Mr. Dennis is more of a libertarian while Ms. Walsh is more of a movement conservative. She wants to reduce government spending but she also supports neocon foreign policy. She also believes energy independence is possible and a goal to be pursued, while Mr. Dennis disagrees. Mr. Dennis unfortunately thinks autarky has been discredited for all goods, and shows now awareness of peak oil or the energy issues industrialized economies face. If I were living in the district I suppose I'd support Mr. Dennis over Ms. Walsh; he is more of a Ron Paul Republican. Despite his economic liberalism he is still a better choice than Ms. Pelosi. But I don't live in that district, so...
His youtube channel.
(Part 1 out of 7 total)
Her channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment