Reuters: News Corp sells Myspace, ending six-year saga
Myspace sold for just $35 million
Myspace Sold to Specific Media for $35 Million
Huffington Post
Following musicians and so on, keeping track of concert dates could be rather time-consuming and the format of the pages wasn't as user-friendly in terms of efficiency as FB, even if MySpace was more visually appealing. MySpace definitely serves better as a vanity page than Facebook, as you can't alter the look for your profile on Facebook, though it is easier to post items.
Was the decline in revenue due a loss in popularity or the lack of advertising? I don't recall seeing any ads whenever I visited MS pages. It seems to me that FB has been more successful in marketing itself as an advertising tool, though I really doubt it's all that effective.
While I benefit from Facebook, I wouldn't mind so much if it disappeared, though I think social networking websites will be around as long as the internet remains widely available.
No comments:
Post a Comment