Tuesday night's episode of
Hell's Kitchen had the restaurant's special event of the season. The restaurant hosted the 20-year reunion of
Culver City High School's Class of 1991. I didn't realize these people graduated around the same time I did until I did the math using the information presented on the TV screen. 20 years have gone by and I have very little to show for it. I looked at the website for our class reunion; not many confirmations. Will many of those attending look like the people on the TV screen. After all, we are closing in on 40. Do the single women feel bad that they are single? That hasn't stopped some of them from having children out of wedlock. Not that this is a matter of shame in our
permissive enlightened society.
I was offered a job today, and while the work may involve philosophy from time to time, I can't get excited about it. It, like most everything I've been looking at, seems like futile work. Wouldn't our energy and resources be better invested in preparing for the age of austerity? I would think so, but very few companies around here are taking steps in that direction.
OSV:
Is the unconsecrated single life a vocation? By Emily Stimpson
No comments:
Post a Comment