I can only really speak from where I'm from in England, but I think if you said "vocation," to somebody, they would automatically think of priesthood, religious life, consecrated life, [maybe] some might think of married life. But we want to try and foster the idea that vocation is for everybody, not just people who want to enter seminary, or a convent, or a monastery. God has called every single one of us to a specific purpose.What the laity living in Western countries need are specifics...
A culture of vocation would be a culture where people are thinking about their own vocation, about where God is calling them to be. Vocation goes hand-in-hand with being a Christian, [and is not just as something that's extra if you want to take religion a bit more seriously.] It goes hand-in-hand with being a Christian because, if you're going to be a Christian, then you have to serve God in some particular way.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Yes, but...
From "Fostering a Culture of Vocation," Daniel Fitzpatrick:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment