From the publisher's description:
Written by two pre-eminent intellectuals bridging the East/West divide, The Light That Failed is a landmark book that sheds light on the extraordinary history of the fall of the Western ideal.
Western ideal? Hardly. The ideal of certain "intellectuals" and philosophes, but not the only Western political ideal. Modern "Democracy" in the West is a sham, an instrument of control of the masses more than an instrumental of control by the masses. That liberals would this show how naive they are.
Maybe the two authors will have an interesting account of why liberal democracy failed, or maybe they'll make excuses for liberalism and ignore human nature. I don't think I'd spend money on an analysis by liberals.
I think Krastev is just about the best liberal thinker who sees the problems with liberalism - nobody else comes close his After Europe is a masterwork https://t.co/LXWFnan8UA— Phillip Blond (@Phillip_Blond) May 20, 2020
No comments:
Post a Comment