Monday, July 03, 2006

Oblates of the Order of Saint Benedict

Info.

I wonder if Clear Creek already has some sort of association of oblates.

Also of interest: "Gregorian Chant as a Paradigm of Sacred Music" by William Mahrt (posted by Jeffrey Tucker, managing editor of Sacred Music, at NLM.)

And from the New Liturgical Movement: Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue in Cuba

What do you think Sarge? I'm rather impressed by the exteriors, although I am a bit fearful that the interiors won't match the exteriors, especially since these were built for non-Catholic denominations. (Although Episcopalian aesthetics may be better than that of other Protestant groups.)

Although rood screens may have the same psychological effect as an iconostasis, I think I still prefer the iconostasis, and wouldn't mind putting them in all over the place. Let the Latins adjust. haha At the very least a baldacchino when possible, with some curtains (transparent or not).

No comments: