Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hollywood marriages

I didn't really catch this news on entertainment news until yesterday, but by then it was already a week old, so I wonder where I was when the news first came out; after all entertainment news is usually on between 7 and 8 P.M., and I have the tv on. I guess I'm doing a better job of drowning out the noise than I thought.

Actress Kate Hudson and rocker husband Chris Robinson separate

Tue Aug 15, 1:18 PM ET
WASHINGTON (AFP) - US actress Kate Hudson, nominated for an Oscar in 2001 for her role in the film "Almost Famous," and husband rock singer Chris Robinson have separated, industry media reported.

The two parted ways after nearly six years of marriage, the actress's spokesman, Brad Cafarelli, was quoted as saying by People magazine's website. The couple have a two-year-old son.

Hudson, 27, the daughter of comic actress Goldie Hawn,
has become a star in her own right and is currently featured in the comedy "You, Me and Dupree" with Matt Dillon and Owen Wilson.

Robinson, 39, is the lead singer for "The Black Crowes," who have sold millions of records since the 1990s following their hit debut album "Shake Your oney Maker."

While it says here that they are separating, it also sound like it's permanent. Jennifer and Brad separated before getting a divorce; Hilary Swank and her husband also separated recently, and Brad Garrett and his wife.

What I had heard on entertainment news yesterday was that Kate was torn between her husband and Owen Wilson. The gossip rags at the supermarket noted how she and Owen Wilson were showing real chemistry on the set during the filming of You, Me and Dupree.

US Weekly: "Kate's Painful Decision" (Oh boohoo.)

On August 20, less than a week after announcing their separation, Kate Hudson (with 2-year-old son Ryder) and Chris Robinson met for a casual Sunday breakfast at A Votre Sante in L.A. Though there was no physical contact between the estranged pair, there were no signs of stress or tension either (Hudson wore her wedding band; her husband’s was off). One day of family bonding, however, does not a reconciliation make, especially in light of Hudson’s recent affair with Owen Wilson, first reported by Us last week.

Hudson — under wise PR advice, perhaps — has been steering clear of her Dupree costar, even canceling plans to attend the London premiere. In fact, the 27-year-old actress might be second-guessing her actions, wondering whether she traded a solid six-plus-year relationship for something less reliable. “Kate knows that Chris was a great husband and father, and questions what kind of future she would have with Owen,” says a source. “Owen has never been monogamous and Kate knows that.”

By all accounts, it was Wilson’s sense of humor that won Hudson on the set of You, Me and Dupree last year. “At times I couldn’t look at him and not laugh,” she has said. The chemistry was obvious to anyone who saw them interact. They partied at NYC club Marquee and made out on a couch at a party in L.A. thrown by CAA agent Bryan Lourd, a witness says. Now the question is whether this was a fling or a relationship built to last.

This is the same actress who was on Leno not too long ago (was it during her appearance earlier this month? or from July?), and when asked whether she believed in being with the same person for the rest of her life, would not say yes. Rather, it was a non-committal answer of "sticking together as long as things were good and working out," something like that. If I can find a transcript, I'll post what she actually said.

Shame on Owen Wilson for seducing a married woman. Shame on Kate Hudson for going along with it... Then again her mother hasn't been a great role model either.

She is pretty though...


A pregnant actress Kate Hudson and her husband, musician Chris Robinson, arrive at a screening the Venice Film Festival in this August 31, 2003 file photo. People Magazine reported August 14, 2006 that the couple are separating after six years of marriage. REUTERS/Tony Gentile/Files (UNITED STATES)

US actress Kate Hudson(L) and her husband rock singer Chris Robinson, seen here in 2003, have reportedly separated.(AFP/Getty Images/File)

Kate Hudson and husband Chris Robinson from the rock band The Black Crowes arrive at The Skeleton Key world premiere held at Universal Studios Cinema on August 2, 2005 in Universal City, Ca. (AP Photo/Tammie Arroyo)

REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/Files (UNITED STATES)

I didn't think Owen Wilson was 37 already... Peter Pan Syndrome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let that be a lesson to the young men of America not to grow beards like that.

I knew an Owen Wilson look-alike. Gorgeous. But he was in religious life, so I kept my grubby hands to myself. Alas! He left his order a year or two later for some less reserved young thing.... Virtue does not pay, PB.

papabear said...

How old was he?

Anonymous said...

I think he was 33 or 34 when he took off. Why?

papabear said...

just wondering...

Wendy doesn't need Peter Pan.