Hrm... odd dream this morning involving Fujian Gal. Haven't talked to her in a while, maybe I'll call her on Sunday.
I was in a good mood this morning when I greeted the students--perhaps it was because I got plenty of sleep last night (and wasn't awoken at 4 in the morning). I tend to be irritable when I don't get enough sleep (is there anyone who isn't like that), though I don't think it carries over when dealing with students. It's more likely that I'm not fully awake during class and therefore not that alert, attentive, or responsive.Even the kids who misbehave didn't bother me too much today...
Maybe it was because the (cute) blonde school teacher and I exchanged greetings.
Or maybe I was just having and abnormal morning.
Her class and an upper-grade class had PE together today--mmm one of the tag derivatives, I can't remember the name right now. But the students line up on one side and then try to reach the other side without being tagged by the people in the middle... so she was out there in the middle, running around and trying to tag students. She seems to be rather athletic, or at least physically active. A definite plus for me and Sarge. Today she was wearing a white vest and khakis... plus a black shirt (with the school's mascot?). Thursdays are "Spirit Day" and so the class (for each grade) that has the highest percentage of students wearing a shirt with the name of the school and its mascot (a panda) gets to carry the spirit flag for a week.
"Whoopee," we adults may think. But it seems to work for the kids.
She does have a nice smile. Heh... crushes come and go... I'll wait and see how long this one lasts... probably a while until someone new shows up. My sister said I need to go to a different Mass at OLP to find a mantilla-wearing nubile woman, one in the morning. Maybe that is true, but those Masses are usually too full for my comfort level.
My class did have a short Easter party--one girl brought some Easter goodies to share with everyone. She even gave me a bag--a cookie and some candy. Unfortunately, she was the only one who brought goodies.
I did end up going to St. Thomas Aquinas tonight for Maundy Thursday Mass. There is a greater separation between pews at STA than at OLP--I like that. The St. Ann Choir was good, as usual. But even though the prayers were in Latin and there was Gregorian chant and polyphony... something felt "off." Maybe it was the versus populum orientation of the priest. Maybe it was the ordo itself--it was the ordinary form of the Roman rite, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment