Sunday, March 16, 2008

My sister didn't need me to sit the niece, but I ended up getting up rather early anyway. Didn't do much except surf the net, as usual. I then put in an order for some takeout at Cafe Won Kee, and picked up two baked cha siu bao for niece #1 at Kee Wah.

Then another drive up the peninsula...

When I arrived, my brother-in-law was loading the minivan. I went to the apartment, and my sister started opening up the food containers so we had lunch. The salt & spicy fish filet and pork chops were overcooked (like last time). I don't think I will go to Cafe Won Kee again, if I have a choice. The quality seems to be stuck at this level.

When it was time for them to go, we went down to the garage to the minivan. After I put niece #1 in her carseat, she said, "Kau kau go in back."
I said, "Kau kau has to go home."
"No. Sit in big red car."
"Kau kau has to go home."
Then she started bawling.

Fortunately I had some ice so I used that to distract her, and she started laughing after I pressed it against her face. "Dong bing bing!"

I should be going down there next Sunday for Easter dinner. I hope I can take her to the part then, but she may have a date with the "Easter Bunny."

Darda was packed tonight--I had a craving for green onion pancake, so I ordered 3 to go. 3 was too many--it's ok, but not as good as nan, and there was too much of a flour taste to the pancakes, as if there was too much flour, and not enough water to mix it. Or something. Gordon Ramsay can give the explanation of what went wrong.

No comments: