Summer went by quickly--was at work for today. One of the teachers went on leave--I heard it was because of a relative, but there's more to it. She also injured her knee, and before that she went on stress leave b/c of the administration.
Public schools! They should be avoided.
Miss B. is no longer teaching at the school. Did she go back to her home state, or did she transfer to another school?
I saw a bunch of the 2nd and 3rd graders from last year today. That was nice.
30 minutes into the school day I was feeling rather bored. Some of it had to do with not having enough sleep. But part of it was just the activities and the number of the students. By the end of the day I was more energetic. But I don't think I could be a primary level teacher. I could handle homeschooling the kids--one is free to space their activities throughout the day, and do other tasks while they are engaged in something. It's another to have to devote one's attention for 8 hours to 20 students of varying abilities. Mass tutoring is not as intellectually engaging as experiencing the world with one's children. (Or even doing so mediately, through pictures or printed words.) At times it does feel more like management than teaching.
Edit: Mom describes niece #2 as ok--she didn't like having a full diaper so she ripped it off in frustration. Fortunately she didn't make a mess on the floor or anything like that when she did so. haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment