Monday, January 17, 2011
This afternoon while I was in my carb-induced food coma, an older women rapped on the car window and asked if I could give her some money for gas. Apparently her car ran out of gas and she was stuck in SF with her daughters. The car was parked in Civic Center, near City Hall and the SF Library. She told me she could pay me back, and that she was starting work tomorrow (at Chipotle?), and she gave me her name and so on. She said $10 would probably be enough for gas, to get her to where she needed to go. I wasn't sure if she was going back to Kansas, or if she had moved out here recently. I was still a bit groggy; I did give her some money, but I didn't ask her for any details (to determine the truth). Afterwards though I was thinking about whether her story was plausible or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment