Friday, April 01, 2011

Hanna

The movie about a teenaged-girl raised by her burned spy father to become an assassin who avenges the injustice done to him. I did not watch the trailer when it first came out; I saw it only a few months ago, and didn't think much of it. Recently, it struck me that this was similar to the story of the "heroine" of Kick-Ass. This is "girl power" magnified with "girl" being taken literally; it is not so different from a live-action version of The Powerpuff Girls.

I find this sort of depiction to be rather twisted; who wants to watch little girls able to do such things? What kind of male would enjoy such a spectacle? (It's different with Cynthia Rothrock or Michelle Yeoh doing the ass-kicking, or contemporary Uhmerican heroines.) Are there some pervs out there who sexualize such girl characters? (It would be more creepy with respect to Kick-Ass, since the girl wonder is barely a teenager.)

I think the movie will bomb at the box office.

The Spearhead: Little Lies

I didn't now this about the "star" of Kick-Ass: 'Kick-Ass' star Johnson, 19, says pregnant girlfriend, 43, is 'fantastic mother'

No comments: