Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Gordon Biersch in San Jose

Tonight the family had dinner at Gordon Biersch in downtown San Jose. I ordered the mushroom swiss burger -- the surface of the burger tasted burnt, and I would have to say that as a result, the burgers at BJ's are better. My brother-in-law ordered another beer, having forgotten that he was going to finish KK's beer, so I had some (actually, all) of it. It is my brother in law's favorite, Märzen. The last beer I had was Chimay, so I thought its taste was mild in comparison with that. Would I have it again? Drinking beer is probably not for me -- I was feeling sleepy about 10 minutes after I consumed the beer, and I was having a bit of a headache. Low alcohol tolerance.

The restaurant does have a nice friendly atmosphere, even if the interior is a bit dark; I can see why professionals working in the area might want to visit.
Walking through downtown SJ though, I found that it doesn't really appeal to me, though I would like to walk through it again late at night, when the clubs are open.

No comments: