Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm For Minding Your Own Business

in general, but in writing the last post I recalled several incidents I've witnessed, of teenaged boys whining in public because their mothers were "smothering" (or babying) them - not giving them space or respecting them as males. Where are their fathers? Would it be appropriate for a man to tell these women to lay off? Would that sort of intervention be needed? The sort of emotional and psychological crippling (and the other psychological problems) that this kind of bad parenting can inflict (especially when done in public) should be addressed. But I don't trust the state or state social workers to do this right. A father/husband should be the one to curb the mother/wife's smothering, but that of course assumes that she is in submission to him, rather than thinking that her way is the correct one, and men are just stupid brutes who don't know anything.

Woe to a woman who chooses to verbally emasculate a man, if he doesn't know how to respond "properly" or like an alpha.

Just remembered the related anecdote about the seminarian.

No comments: