FT: Park says S Korea needs ‘motherly’ leader
I don't care if she's Catholic; with that kind of campaigning and sloganeering, her party deserves to lose. That sort of conception of statesmanship is patronizing and emasculating. What an embarrassment to South Korea.
* East Asians Confucian bureaucrats/magistrates thought of themselves as father/mother officials, duty-bound to look after the people as if they were their children. At this point I will only say that I disagree with this analogy as well. I'd also disagree with the claim that if Adam had not fallen, men would be governed according to an eternal patriarchy with him as a head (Filmer?). But rule by a male who is claiming to be a "father" is less offensive and problematic than rule by a female posing as mother. Men are at least inclined to submit to the authority of a man they recognize as being superior.
No comments:
Post a Comment