Went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk today - first time I've actually been there. Don't think I missed anything while growing up, though the commercials I saw on channel 2 did make it appealing to a child. (Advertising.) While the kids went on the Thomas the Tank Engine ride, I started walking around the beach and headed towards the municipal wharf. I didn't make it halfway on the wharf when the train returned.
Afterwards, I went over to Betty's Burgers to try it. The fries there are somewhat like those of The Counter, iirc, except with maybe more batter. The strawberry shake was good and thick. As for the burger, I ordered a Double Dutch - the patties are supposed to be "all natural"; visually the texture of the patties reminded me of Bob's Giant Burgers in Fremont - not sure if what I saw was gristle or something else. The patties were well-done, maybe overcooked, though not dry. But there was a strong charred taste to the surface of the patties. Maybe one of the single-patty burgers would have tasted better.
No comments:
Post a Comment