This story about a Chinese man suing his wife for divorce because she deceived him about her appearance through plastic surgery has been making the rounds on the internet and FB. (Edit. It has been shown to be a hoax.) Would this sort of deception grounds for annulment? What would the moral theologians and canon lawyers say about this case?
I was thinking about this last night - what are the Latin churches doing to mitigate divorce or determine fault? Who would have the authority to determine fault and enforce sanctions for someone who destroyed a marriage, such as excommunication and social ostracization? Where are the consequences for bad wives? (I think we know what happens to husbands, good or bad, in our current legal system.)
Plastic surgery culture flourishes in East Asia: not just Korea and Japan, but also in Hong Kong and Taiwan. (I don't know if it is a booming business in mainland China yet. Maybe the unmarried career women have been resorting to plastic surgery.) But I should have known better than to think that the Latinas deserved their reputation for beauty - case in point, the Venezuelans. Miss Venezuela wins Miss Universe. Another plastic beauty?
iirc, CH made fun of NBL judge Osmel.
No comments:
Post a Comment