His latest entry: Is there hope for California?
I think there is hope for California, although today we are at a crossroads. This hope will either be confirmed or extinguished in a generation. Californians would do well to flock to those regions, towns, and neighborhoods where resistance to the designs of Leviathan is strong. There are many such places in this state, but most are still not very conscious of their plight. We see this realignment happening already: the cultural divide in California is getting wider and emerging on sharp geographical lines. When the timing is right - with state bankruptcy and financial insolvency on the horizon - the politicians in Sacramento may be willing to reconsider the benefits of subsidiarity.In the post Mr. Culbreath mentions Mr. Christopher Zehnder's essay "Why is California so Weird?"
For more news about California from a Catholic pov, see California Catholic Daily. (Formerly San Francisco Faith, LA Lay Catholic Mission, San Diego News Notes, and La Cruz de California.)
Edit:
I thought Mr. Culbreath had retired Hallowed Ground, but apparently he came back--this one has moved to Word Press as well. (Unless, of course, someone else took the name of Hallowed Ground after he retired it. I can't find any of the old posts at the blog city account.
2 comments:
Thanks for the news!
Someone else did jump in at "Hallowed Ground" after Mr. Culbreath retired it.
Yeah, that was me. I took the old blog-city Halloweground when Jeff stopped the blog. Blog-city is now discontinuing free blogs, so I started one at wordpress.
Post a Comment