I used to think that it was the absence of milk in the smoothie, and the substitution of frozen yogurt for ice cream. This was confirmed by the wiki entry on smoothie. Some people don't understand this, and use "smoothie" and "milkshake" interchangeably. (Like that one vendor at Pacific Mall in Toronto.)
Tonight I met the New Scot's Ethiopian friend over at White Mountain Creamery, across the street from BC. I got a strawberry smoothie, which wasn't very thick and not that tasty... and the frozen yogurt was a problem. I suppose I like smoothies made from sherbert more. They did use fresh strawberries and bananas, but no crushed ice.
Apparently the Melkite is now in Scranton--I think someone had already told me that before, but I had forgotten. I should write him a letter some time.
The New Scot's friend may have an opportunity to do some liturgical studies in Berkeley...
smoothie recipes; another website
Jamba Juice
Smoothie King
Planet Smoothie
No comments:
Post a Comment