
The fighter looks a lot like the original VF1 from the first Macross. Intentional? (The thing at the bottom is the new enemy that the humans face. I can't tell if the alien mecha are organic or artificial. Will the Zentrans and Meltrans who have integrated into human society make an appearance? I don't think there is a Zentran/Meltran character in the series, but I could be wrong. I don't see officers or bridge crew being main secondary characters, but who knows.)
VF-25
The animation of the first episode seems to be as good as Macross Zero--there is plenty of computer animation for the action/mecha sequences, just like in Macross Zero. (I don't know anything about the animation cell count per second and other fine details.) HCK thought the personal glider/jetpackt was ludicrous. I can't dispute that. I'm not sure which characters will be involved in the love triangle (if there is to be one). As for the music, it has mostly a contemporary sound, which makes sense, since that is what all of the other Macross stories have done, projecting music from the contemporary JPop scene into the future (with the exception perhaps of Macross Zero). Since Yoko Kanno is involved, much of the music sounds similar to what we heard in Macross Plus.
Though my impressions are from just one episode I think it should be better than Macross 7. But anime series have been known to stumble and falter and even crash and burn as they approach their conclusion. A seemingly undefeatable enemey with more advanced technology... how will the humans survive this time? At least there's no nonsense about spirita and music weapons.There are a lot of parallels between the first episode of Macross F and the first episode of Macross.
Hrm... the standard fighter for the human fleet looks like a successor to the YF21 and VF22 -- or is it actually the VF22? It's definitely not the VF17 (which is based on the design of contemporary stealth fighters), though the cockpit is similar to both that of the VF17 and the VF22.
Ah... According to the wiki entry for Macross F, it is a sequel to Macross 7. So the reconaissance valkyrie we see in the first episode is in deed a modified VF17--it looks much better here than in Macross 7. But nothing on the identity of the fleet's standard fighter.
Macross 25th Anniversary and Macross F/Frontier news thread III (Shawn and Graham's Macross World)
Macross Compendium
Macross Compendium: Mecha
Egan Loo Interview - Macross World Forums
MACROSS MECHA DESIGNS
No comments:
Post a Comment