Monday, April 14, 2008

Today I was confronted with a difficult problem--whether to report a suspected case of child abuse. One of the students, the girl who is rather hyper and talks out loud a lot, came up to me to ask a question or something, and I noticed that she had unusual marks on her left lower arm--a bruise or burn. So I asked her about it and she said it was a secret, so that made it even more suspicious. She gave me two different stories, and the second story didn't seem to be a good explanation, because the cause she gave wasn't consistent with what she had.

I ended up sending her to the office so the principal could take a look. The principal gave her opinion (she thought that the mark looked as if someone had grabbed her arm hard), and I was to make a report to CPS. While I was on the phone with the CPS worker I remembered that she kicked someone in PE today, and does have a propensity to hit other students. I reported that as well; maybe her behavior can be explained by some sort of abuse.

My mom is right about Ms. B--, whose classroom is next to the blonde schoolteacher's. She does have a very pleasant demeanor, always smiling. Very attractive.

No comments: