Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Re: Cafe Pro Bono

Re: Cafe Pro Bono

Sorry Sarge, no cute waitresses there tonight. The food was good; I was trying to remember where I had chicken stuffed with cheese last. Was it at Xtendom? Or over in Boston? The chicken was a bit dry, but I wonder if that is avoidable. Would I go there again? I'm not sure... I like Italian food, but it usually is $$, especially compared to the portion size. Service was fine, our busboy was smiling a lot--insincere? Usually, if I am in a bad mood, I would probably say yes. There are still some dark clouds on the horizon, but as I edit this post, I think he may have meant those smiles. I couldn't tell what his ethnicity was (or that of the manager and of our waiter). As for the kitchen--the 'usual suspects.'

I imagine if I were to make use of a Yelp account, my reviews would be standardized. I can't write original reviews, not in a paragraph. I'm just tired of going to restaurants. Watcher seems to be doing fine for himself--I've seen the photos he's posted of his creations, and they look tasty. He should do fine wooing someone, if his food tastes as good as it looks. Hah.

How bad will the economy fall by the end of the year? If it does get much worse, that would at least justify my decision to return to CA. Last night I did a search for "Montana ranches"--some of the properties up for sale are gorgeous--one was 78 miles away from the nearest town. How is one supposed to survive there if one doesn't have $ to pay for gas?

Reminds me of Sean Connery's XO in The Hunt for Red October, played by Sam Neill. "I would like to have seen Montana."

Montana Dude Ranch Association

No comments: