Friday, October 03, 2008

Cal Catholic Daily: “Academic excellence, social justice, community-based learning,” Santa Clara University names LMU dean as new president

I expect more of the same at SCU--no major changes, just more fund-raising and 'development.' Ex Corde Ecclesiae? "What's that?"


Father Michael Engh S.J., current dean of the Bellarmine College of Liberal Arts at Loyola Marymount University, was named president of Santa Clara University. (Courtesy Santa Clara University)

SJ Mercury: L.A. priest chosen as Santa Clara University's new president
The recent financial turbulence of the secular world underscores the importance of spiritual education, Engh, 58, said in a brief interview.

"I believe that a religious-based education is more important than ever. We have so much in the world to make sense of,'' he said. "We need a larger and deeper set of values to help us answer the questions: Who am I? What do I believe in? What is satisfying?''
The Argonaut article

Related links:

Michael Engh, SJ (CV)
Home - Loyola Marymount University
Bellarmine College
Jesuits of the California Province

No comments: